Salem NH’s Newest State-of-the Art Surgical Center
The Orchard Surgical Center is a state-of-the-art surgical facility located in Salem, NH. We are committed to providing quality and affordable care to our patients. We know that our patients often have questions about their procedures. We have created this Patient Preparation Guide to answer many of the questions that you may have about your surgery.
Surgical patients will receive a phone call from an Orchard Surgical Center nurse to review preoperative instructions. Since it is important that the surgeon and the anesthesiologist know your general state of health, several health related questions will be asked during this interview.
We will be happy to answer all your questions and address any of your concerns.
- You will receive a phone call with the time you should arrive at the center.
- Please make arrangements with a responsible adult to drive you home after your surgery; have someone with you for the following 24 hours. (If you are having local anesthesia, you may drive.)
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight (including, but not limited to water and chewing gum) unless you have been instructed otherwise.
- Do not drink any alcohol for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- Follow the specific preparation and cleansing instructions given to you by your physician’s office.
- Follow all the instructions you were given during your preoperative call.
- If you develop a cold, persistent cough, fever or flu please notify your surgeon. He/She may want to postpone your surgery.
- Please arrive at the time confirmed by the surgical center.
- Remove all body piercings.
- Leave personal belongings and your jewelry at home. You will only need to bring your insurance card and a Photo I.D.
- If possible, wear loose fitting clothing that is easy to remove.
- It is not unusual to feel sleepy or dizzy after receiving sedation. Therefore, it is important that you go straight home, rest and follow your written instructions. Do not drink alcohol or take any medication other than what is prescribed by your doctor(s).
- FOR SURGERY PATIENTS: Do not drive, do not use power tools, and do not make important decisions for 24 hours after discharge and/or while taking pain medication.
A nurse from Orchard Surgical Center of Salem, NH will call you the next business day following your procedure. Your physician’s office will provide medical follow-up as needed.